Ta-Excel Foundation, A Non governmental organization was established on the 21st day of September, 2011 to empower individuals, communities, societies and nations to take responsibility of their health needs especially areas concerning mental health. It is for this reason that TaEF engages in lot of counselling, vigorous research, capacity building, health promotions, screening etc in order to carry its message to the masses. Physical health alone isn’t enough for a complete well-being of the individual.
TaEF draws lots of inspiration from the popular definition provided by WHO concerning Mental Health, “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his/her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and his able to make a contribution to his/ her community.”
While health is supposed to be a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, most expert and partners in health are interested only in the physical aspects of health, neglecting social and mental aspects of health, forgetting that the totality of the individual encompasses physical, social and mental well-being.
Mental health entails a broad array of activities directly or indirectly such as the promotion of well-being, prevention of mental health and treatment and rehabilitation of people affected by mental disorders.
Ta-Excel Foundation, having recognized that mental health is a big challenge to society, decided to take things to a different level by making consistent efforts to fill this gap. We are always making efforts to tackle issues of Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Epilepsy and several Neuro-Psychiatric related issues.
TA-EXCEL FOUNDATION exists to empower individuals, communities, societies and nations to take control of their mental health.
Empower individuals, communities and nations to be healthy and able to fully manage mental health situations by 30th December, 2022.
To Bridge Equity Gaps in Access to Health Care Through Primary Health Care.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES / GOALS
- To empower the youth to make informed choices and take responsibility in mental health related issues.
- To empower people to prepare and manage their old-age.
- To encourage parents and children on child care
- To empower the populace on mental health issues
- To effectively rehabilitate addicts
- To provide half-way and hostels to the dejected
- To empower individuals, societies, communities and nations on health
- To collaborate effectively with interested organizations in implementing projects
- To perform any other activities to achieve goals when the need arises
- To conduct researches
- To form various associations in the communities.
Be responsible: Your health, your concern, we support.
Equality, mutual respect, confidentiality, trust worthy, punctuality, attitude, shared love, belongingness and self-discipline.
There is GOOD in every person.
INTEREST AND PASSION
TaEF concerns itself primarily with the following areas of Health.
- Mental Health Education
- Mental Health Advocacy
- Several Neuro-Psychiatric related issues
- Rehabilitation of Substance Abusers and Misusers (alcohol, Indian hemp, cocaine, etc)
- Child Health
- Women Health
- Ageing and Senility
- HIV / AIDS Education and Prevention.